January 10, 2010

Checklist Before Taking New Territory

Checklist Before Taking New Territory

Arise, go over this Jordan, you and all this people, to the land which I am giving to them-the children of Israel. Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses. Joshua 1:2-3

People need to be shown the team's vision clearly, creatively, and continually. Whenever I endeavor to cast vision with the members of my team, I use the following checklist. I try to make sure that every vision message possesses the following:

  • Clarity: brings understanding to the vision (answers what the people must know and what you want them to do)
  • Connectedness: brings the past, present, and future together
  • Purpose: bring direction to the vision
  • Goals: bring targets to the vision
  • Honesty: brings integrity to the vision and credibility to the vision-caster
  • Stories: bring relationships to the vision
  • Challenge: brings stretching to the vision
  • Passion: brings fuel to the vision
  • Modeling: brings accountability to the vision
  • Strategy: brings process to the vision

The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork

John Maxwell


No comments: